Ah, Thailand! With its beautiful beaches, vibrant culture, and rich history, Thailand is a traveller’s paradise. But aside from the tropical paradise and culture, Thailand also has one of the best street food scenes in the world.
Street food in Thailand is a way of life. It’s a cheap and convenient way of getting a delicious meal. From the bustling street stalls of Bangkok to the beach side shacks of the islands, street food in Thailand is everywhere. And it’s no wonder why it’s so popular – it’s delicious and incredibly diverse.
In this blog post, we’ll be exploring some of the best street food in Thailand. So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
1. Pad Thai – One of the most popular dishes in Thailand is Pad Thai. This stir-fried noodle dish is made with thin rice noodles, eggs, garlic, shallots, chilies, bean sprouts, and a variety of other ingredients. It’s usually served with a wedge of lime and a side of crushed peanuts. It’s a delicious and filling dish that can be found all over Thailand.
2. Tom Yum Goong – Tom Yum Goong is a spicy and sour soup that is the ultimate comfort food in Thailand. The soup is made with shrimp, mushrooms, lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. It’s a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to get your taste buds tingling.
3. Moo Ping – Moo Ping is marinated pork skewers that are grilled over hot coals. The pork is usually marinated in a mixture of fish sauce, garlic, sugar, and pepper. It’s a popular street food in Thailand that is usually served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
4. Som Tam – Som Tam is a spicy green papaya salad. It’s a popular dish in Thailand that is made with shredded green papaya, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilies, and other ingredients. It’s a delicious and refreshing dish that is perfect for a hot day.
5. Khao Soi – Khao Soi is a northern Thai dish that is made with egg noodles in a rich and flavorful curry-based broth. It’s usually served with pickled vegetables, shallots, and a side of lime. It’s a delicious and comforting dish that is sure to hit the spot.
6. Khanom Bueang – Khanom Bueang is a type of Thai crepe that is made with a thin batter and filled with a variety of ingredients. It’s usually filled with shredded coconut, palm sugar, and egg. It’s a delicious and unique street food in Thailand that you won’t want to miss.
7. Gai Tod – Gai Tod is a popular street food in Thailand that is made with deep-fried marinated chicken. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of garlic, fish sauce, and sugar, and then deep-fried until crispy. It’s usually served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
8. Khao Man Gai – Khao Man Gai is a popular Thai dish that is served with a boiled chicken and a flavorful broth. The chicken is boiled in a mixture of soy sauce, rice wine, and garlic. It’s usually served with a side of rice, a cucumber salad, and a chili sauce.
9. Yam Mamuang – Yam Mamuang is a spicy and sweet mango salad. It’s made with shredded green mango, red onion, cilantro, chilies, and a sweet and sour dressing. It’s a delicious and refreshing dish that is perfect for a hot day.
10. Kuay Teow – Kuay Teow is a type of rice noodle dish that is made with a variety of ingredients. It’s usually made with rice noodles, fish sauce, garlic, shallots, chilies, and other ingredients. It’s a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
These are just a few of the many delicious street food dishes that you can find in Thailand. So, if you’re looking for a cheap and delicious meal, be sure to check out the street food in Thailand. You won’t be disappointed!